September 13, 2011

Memory Like a Sieve

Whenever I make something for the Sims I like to check it out and make certain it looks decent. So when I made a painting for Beth's new house with Cooper and looked at it in a test lot, I decided to finish decorating a couple of lots I started way back when my game was stable and I had a neighborhood. One of those lots is Dani's. And since it makes perfect sense that she would have pictures on her wall of her and Blade's wedding, I decided I needed to take some wedding shots. And then I got carried away...

It has been so long since I did anything in the game that I forgot my cheat codes. I forgot what my pose box collection icon looks like. And unfortunately, I did not have the rings. However, I am relatively happy with the results even though I took 46 shots when I needed only 9. I will post one here, the only one I fooled around with in Photoshop. The rest are on my other blog where I post things that are not related to Studio Time. Eventually, the name of that blog will come to me. As I said, it's been a while...

Some background for those who care...


Dani and Alex were married in late summer. They took their wedding vows shortly before noon, had an early dinner reception and danced until the sun began to set. If you wonder why Alex doesn't look all smiley in some of them, it is because he is not a morning person. Nevertheless, those half lidded eyes and seductive smiles of his never failed to light Dani's heart and passion. The shot above was taken just before they left for their hotel room. They honeymooned for ten days in Fiji. Danica made a lovely bride I think, and Blade looked quite dapper in tails. Not sure if that is what is called a morning suit or not...someone with more knowledge than I have probably could set me straight on that.

Link is here -> You are cordially invited...

ETA: This is the reason for the photo shoot.



12 comments:

  1. Yes, We can all relate to the carrying-away Bit! LOL
    I Love the lighting on the above featured picture. All dark and then the glow around them and on the gown.

    Dreamy!
    I love doing weddings too!
    Beautiful Gayl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean-Marie thank you so much for commenting. I used to do photo shoots regularly and then I sort of stopped. I am glad you like the shot here. That was the only one I manipulated in Photoshop because I loved the effects. Hence the dreamy glow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shot too. It looks like they stole a moment to get away from all of their guests. & I do love a man in a morning suit. So hot. =)

    The lighting is beautiful. It definitely captures the late summer feeling. Hate to be a pain & ask but did you use Photoshop for the beautiful lighting or the Radiance mod? I've been debating as to whether I should get the Radiance mod or not. If you've used it, I can see that as being a big plus. Thank you for sharing this with us & for the bit of history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choco, I use the radiance mod which is why I grabbed some of these shots. The sun was going down and the lighting was gorgeous so I froze time and snapped away! For this shot only I enhanced it in photoshop by duplicating the layer, setting it to soft light (I think) and adding a Gausian blur at around 6.

    I agree this looks like an intimate moment. That's why I loved it so much and those windows add to the ambiance.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Choco, one more thing...if you looked at the rest of the photo shoot, the warmer shots are untouched and that light came from the radiance mod.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked at the shots, just lovely, the lighting especially cast a golden luminescence over the proceedings in some shots, well done.

    I have a feeling if and when I ever get into the game again, I will also forget codes, boxes, etc. Good things I have a dog-eared notebook.

    Blade/Alex looked ever inch the romance hero~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drew, I was like a fish out of water. And then I forgot to take groom shots...duh! That lighting was the radiance mod. It was sunset and the colors suited Danica in that setting.

    Alex has all the makings of a first class hero. I was thinking about his marriages earlier. He married Lindsey on impulse when they were drunk, Tabby was for convenience, Adriana was for revenge and Dani was for love. That speaks volumes as to their relationship today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Added shots of the collage that now hangs in Dani's bedroom...the purpose for the photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The collage is just gorgeous.
    The hearts and the frames. I bet Dani spends hours in front of it! I know I would...

    I don't wanna be a spoilsport, but where did you get the poses for pictures 8 and 9 in the entire collection? I've been searching forever, so I thought I'll just go ahead and ask you!
    Oh, the shame...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jean-Marie! I have wanted to do that collage for ages. Finally got the energy to give it a shot.

    As for the poses in the shots, I used this posebox. I think you can probably pick out the poses in the link. If not, they were couple stand set 02 kissing and couple hand in hand set 02. I use this box a lot and get pretty creative with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, you're a dear!
    I didn't know it was Richford's.
    I've been trying to get those boxes for months now. Every link to them, ever provided, is faulty!
    Yours was NOT! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts ~ they always mean a lot.

In Perfect Harmony

In June of 2007 I posted my first chapter of Dark December. Since that time, the story has evolved and changed in part through a collaboration that developed and lasted over 4 years. During this time a friendship was forged. Thank you Beth, for unwavering friendship, support, and generosity over these last 4+ years. It has been a journey I will never forget.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

In dreams, the sun sets in our eyes
In dreams, we'll never be apart
In dreams, I'll promise you'll never be alone
How much I wish your voice could send me home