December 13, 2011

Reverb

 


As with all living things, the characters in one's head grow, evolve, change. Many times we try to put those physical characteristics in a tangible thing - a Sim for example. If I had known back in 2005 how to more accurately create what I saw in my head, I wonder how he would have turned out. Not that I would remake him; I wouldn't. Plus he manages to evolve on his own physically.

How many times have you as a writer been asked the question, "If you could pick an actor to play so-and-so, who would it be?" For the longest time I could not answer that question. Cooper took shape in my head long ago. It was never hard to describe what he smelled like or what he sounded like but to put flesh and blood on the frame was difficult. I could see it, describe it, but I could not name it.

The other day I stumbled upon an image of a model and I gasped. The man in the image was Cooper in physical form. The only thing he lacked was the dusting of body hair. I have stared for hours at the shot and wondered how I could recreate it. This is my lame attempt. It probably won't be my last once I find a pose box that will get the right body and arm position.

Reflections 

On the to-do list - I'd like to do a family shot, profiles of Coop, Beth, Rayne, Nate, Eric and Hugs. All as adults - lined up. Not sure if that makes sense. I can see it though. If I can shoot it, you will too.

 ETA: Cooper in the flesh.



10 comments:

  1. wow...I am just breathless! What an incredible shot! That family shot is a wonderful idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! the final is still a WiP. I need a pose that is straighter with his left hand closer to the waist. And preferably in a fist but that won't happen.

    I don't know if I can actually do the family shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see the shot that inspired this one. Cooper is such a fascinating character!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lunar, I am still trying to find a better pose and think I did but I haven't had time to retake the shots. I will upload the shot I used for inspiration here though. I guess I should have done that but I was tired when I posted.

    Cooper is fascinating but then I am biased. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubba hubba! LOL
    Forgive the enthusiasm, I haven't seen him in a while! I think hubby looks good! Both the Sim and the Human Image! Merge those two and you have a Greek God! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Luis Rafel's photography, great inspiration for Cooper. Very close match and well done on the shot. Cooper is yours, it is plain to see~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jean-Marie you can drool all you like! He is a hottie! I love enthusiasm. I tried putting a cowboy hat on Coop and that darn hair made it impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~Drew, I could look at Luis Rafael's shots for days. In fact I did that with this one! Between his facial features and that body...yeah that is Cooper in the flesh just as I saw him in my head. Uncanny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How amazing to see Cooper fleshed out like that. I can't imagine how far your heart must have dropped. I think you did a really great job recreating it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Choco, you have no idea...it was surreal. Thanks about the recreation. I'm still going to try and get a better pose but I don't know when.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts ~ they always mean a lot.

In Perfect Harmony

In June of 2007 I posted my first chapter of Dark December. Since that time, the story has evolved and changed in part through a collaboration that developed and lasted over 4 years. During this time a friendship was forged. Thank you Beth, for unwavering friendship, support, and generosity over these last 4+ years. It has been a journey I will never forget.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

In dreams, the sun sets in our eyes
In dreams, we'll never be apart
In dreams, I'll promise you'll never be alone
How much I wish your voice could send me home