November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

Sometimes the only thing we can see in life is the hardship or roadblocks thrown in our path. It is easy to lament what we don't have or what we want and can't have. Today I was reminded of what is truly important - that which we have been blessed with in our lives.

I was fortunate to spend Thanksgiving with my parents who have, in my mind anyway, defied the odds and thumbed their noses at the medical world.

I spent it with my three sons who have had to grow up pretty much without their father during a time when they would have needed him most. My heart swells pride when I look at them. I am amazed at how grounded they are despite everything.

Admittedly, I wish I had more money although I don't wish for unimaginable wealth, just comfort and breathing room. Although I am always one more unplanned expense away from financial chaos, I still am able to provide food and shelter no matter what I have to do in order to cobble it together. I am thankful for that.

I am thankful for those of you who are reading this. I am thankful for my true friends who hold me up when I cannot stand and who are honest and caring and give their friendship unconditionally.

Whatever you celebrate this time of year, if you celebrate, I wish you peace, health, happiness and light.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your thoughts ~ they always mean a lot.

In Perfect Harmony

In June of 2007 I posted my first chapter of Dark December. Since that time, the story has evolved and changed in part through a collaboration that developed and lasted over 4 years. During this time a friendship was forged. Thank you Beth, for unwavering friendship, support, and generosity over these last 4+ years. It has been a journey I will never forget.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

In dreams, the sun sets in our eyes
In dreams, we'll never be apart
In dreams, I'll promise you'll never be alone
How much I wish your voice could send me home